At Henrico Doctors’ Hospital, we understand that cancer is frightening. Diagnosis and treatment can be stressful and confusing, leaving you searching for answers, information, support and guidance. Our multidisciplinary approach means a dedicated team of specialists meets as a group to discuss your care, provide individual attention to your situation, and map a plan for treatment, recovery, and follow-up tailored precisely to your needs. Immediately following conferences, you'll have the opportunity to see several specialists in one visit. Your cancer care team will not only treat the disease, we'll be your partner throughout your care.
Our cancer care services include:
- Multidisciplinary team clinics and treatment planning
- Cancer expedient evaluation clinic
- Oncology nurse navigators
- Lung cancer center
- Genetic screening and education (breast, ovarian, colorectal and endometrial)
- Breast cancer comprehensive program
- Oncology-certified nurses
- Radiation therapy (brachytherapy, IMRT)
- Mammosite and partial breast irradiation
- Dedicated medical and surgical oncology units
- Infusion services
- National clinical trials
- Support groups and community outreach
With the individualized assistance of our nurse navigators, you can get back to your life, your work and your family by learning to adapt to changes in your energy level and stamina, nutrition, medications and the potential for lymphedema or swelling and fluid retention. Classes, support groups, educational resources and survivor events all help restore your quality of life.
Members of your care team work together to help you succeed in developing a plan for your ongoing healthcare. Whether your life returns to the way it was before your cancer diagnosis and treatment or if you're facing a new normal that encompasses concerns about your physical and emotional health or finances, planning for your future helps you move forward productively.