Cardiac Rehabilitation Services at Henrico Doctors’ Hospital are designed to meet the needs of patients recovering from a heart event such as a heart attack, stenting, heart surgery, or stable angina.
Your health is important to us. Our services also benefit patients with high blood pressure, high cholesterol and lifestyle-related conditions such as obesity, tobacco abuse, or high stress levels. Our nationally accredited program includes registered nurses, an exercise physiologist, a pharmacist and a registered dietitian.
Our program includes:
- Supervised exercise sessions
- Personalized exercise programs
- Nutrition counseling
- Stress management
- Education on risk factor reduction
Benefits of cardiac rehabilitation:
- Recognize the symptoms of heart disease and when to seek medical attention
- Begin a personalized exercise program designed to fit your needs
- Work toward your ideal body weight and cholesterol level through physical activity and good nutrition
- Return to your regular work and leisure activities
- Reduce your risk factors and chances of a future heart attack
- Adopt a healthy lifestyle with the help of your cardiac rehabilitation team
A doctor’s referral is required for rehab services. Ask your doctors when you can begin. You may be required to take an exercise stress test as a baseline for your exercise program. Most insurance carriers cover the costs of our cardiac rehab services. Your carrier will be contacted to verify your benefits. You may be responsible for a co-payment.