The dedicated team of oncology specialists and nurses at Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Henrico Doctors’ Hospital is here to provide the individualized care, compassionate support and resources you need to make your treatments and time here as comfortable as possible. Our comprehensive metastatic cancer services offer the social and psychological support you need throughout your cancer care journey.
Metastatic Cancer Services
Metastatic cancer care at Henrico Doctors’ Hospital includes the following:
- Palliative care services
- Infusion services with chemotherapy-certified nurses
- Multidisciplinary conferences to discuss treatment plans
- Leading-edge treatment with Xofigo (an injection for prostate cancer that is resistant to medical and surgical treatments and has spread to the bones)
- Radiofrequency ablation (a procedure which uses heat to destroy abnormal tissue in the liver)
- Y90 radioembolization (a minimally invasive procedure to treat tumors that began in the liver or have spread to the liver from another part of the body and are no longer responding to chemotherapy or surgery)
- Second opinion for management of metastatic cancer
- Dedicated oncology chaplain
- Access to clinical trials
- Nurse navigation upon request
- Advanced breast cancer support group American Cancer Society Cancer Resource Center
For more information about our metastatic cancer services, please call askSarahARAH at (804) 591-4152.