Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Henrico Doctors’ Hospital provides comprehensive medical care for patients diagnosed with a variety of benign and malignant brain tumors. Our experienced team of oncologists, neurosurgeons and neurologists works together to provide the highest level of care to patients undergoing brain cancer treatment.
Cancer Support Services
Brain Cancer Services
Brain cancer care at Henrico Doctors’ Hospital includes the following:
- Multidisciplinary team approach to care
- One of few hospitals in the area with intraoperative MRI (iMRI), which takes images of the brain to improve accuracy of brain tumor removal
- Dedicated neuro intensive care unit (neuro-ICU)
- Collaboration with neurology and neurosurgery for expedited care
- Infusion services with chemotherapy-certified nurses
- Radiation therapy services
- Nurse navigator upon request
- Collaboration with Johnston-Willis Hospital for expedited access to Gamma Knife radiosurgery
- Psychosocial-spiritual support and distress assessment by oncology-dedicated social workers and chaplain
- Access to clinical trials
- American Cancer Society Cancer Resource Center
For more information about our brain cancer services, please call askSARAH at (804) 591-4152.