Emergency room care in Western Richmond—every minute matters
A medical emergency can be stressful. When you are in Henrico County, VA, the Henrico Doctors’ Hospital ER is prepared to handle any medical emergency you have, any time of day. Our physicians are board certified in emergency medicine and provide care for all ages. We also have a dedicated Pediatric ER to handle emergencies for your child.
The Henrico Doctors’ Hospital ER offers patient-centered care near you, with the convenience of complimentary valet parking and published ER wait times. In fact, our average wait time last year was less than 10 minutes.
We make each emergency visit as quick and comfortable as possible and we offer a FastTrack ER for less serious illness and injuries.
Get Door-to-Door directions from your current location.
1602 Skipwith Road
Richmond, VA 23229
Call (804) 289-4500 for directions, parking, or general information about Henrico Doctors’ Hospital.
When to visit—Emergency room or doctor visit?
You need the right care at the right place. Sometimes it's hard to know if you should seek emergency care, urgent care, or schedule an appointment with your provider.
Our Coming to the ER guide can answer some of those questions. The guide also tells you what to expect from arrival to discharge and every step in between.
You can also contact a nurse, 24 hours a day by phone at (804) 320-3627 to help you decide if you should go to the ER right away.
Why choose us— Expert care, comfort, and convenience
Our top priority is making sure you get the care you need quickly and that we provide it with the compassion and comfort you expect with HCA. Our emergency room features:
- Dedicated FastTrack ER for less serious illness or injury
- Dedicated Pediatric ER
- A Level II Trauma Center
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Stroke 15 years in a row
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Attack and Heart Failure
- Intensive care services
- Accredited Primary Stroke Center - we have been certified for providing critical treatments for improved outcomes in long-term stroke care
- Gold Seal for Chest Pain accredited by The Joint Commission streamlining the treatment process to improve outcomes
- Complimentary valet parking
HCA ER 1.0