Pediatric ER in Richmond's West End.
The Pediatric ER at Henrico Doctors’ Hospital is separate from the main emergency room in an environment designed to comfort and care for your child. As a parent or caregiver, you want expert care for your child when they aren’t feeling well, and you want the comfort of knowing they are being treated by pediatric specialists.
Our physicians work with you to develop a specialized treatment plan in a comfortable, kid-friendly environment. Our team keeps you informed every step of the way and shares all test results, and treatment plans so you can make informed decisions about what's best for your child.
If your child is experiencing an emergency, always call 911 first.
Our board certified emergency medicine physician provide outstanding emergency care for ill and injured children and young adults, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Why choose us — Expert care, comfort, and convenience
Our Pediatric ER in Western Richmond features:
- Board certified pediatric emergency medicine physicians and pediatricians, with five dedicated pediatric rooms
- Access to doctors, pediatric subspecialists and nurses specially trained in caring for children
- Advanced technology specifically designed for children and young adults
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) if hospitalization is needed
- Pediatric medication management system that allows us to improve the speed, accuracy and administration of medications, reduce medical errors, and standardize pediatric medication dosing
- Themed rooms, soothing music, and larger rooms so the loved ones can be with the children
- Separate pediatric waiting area
- In-room entertainment
- Complimentary valet parking so you and your child can go directly to the ER
- Free Wi-Fi
If you would like to talk to a nurse about whether you should come to the ER or wait for your doctor’s office to open, you can contact a nurse, 24 hours a day by phone at 804-320-3627.
Visit our website or text ’ER’ to 32222 to find out the HCA ER wait times closest to you (message and data rates may apply).