Nearly 1 in 6 American men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer at some point in their lives. Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Henrico Doctors’ Hospital offers minimally invasive treatment options for aggressive cases of prostate cancer allowing you to quickly return to an active and productive life.
Prostate Cancer Services
Prostate cancer services at Henrico Doctors’ Hospital include the following:
- Minimally invasive surgical options with the da Vinci robotic surgical system and laparoscopy
- Multidisciplinary team approach to care
- Prostate MRI (a non-invasive and painless procedure that assists urologists in the early diagnosis, treatment and staging of prostate cancer)
- Radiation therapy using (intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) and fiducial location/marker placement for daily treatment to minimize side effects
- Leading-edge treatment with Xofigo (an injection for prostate cancer that is resistant to medical and surgical treatments and has spread to the bones)
- Infusion services by chemotherapy-certified nurses
- Nurse navigator upon request
- Psychosocial-spiritual support and distress assessment by oncology-dedicated social workers and chaplain
- Free yearly prostate screening event (held every September)
- Referral to the American Cancer Society’s prostate cancer support group (call 1-800-ACS-2345 for meeting dates and locations)
- Access to clinical trials
- Genetic counseling and testing for high risk prostate cancer and strong family history
- American Cancer Society Cancer Resource Center
For other urologic treatments ranging from non-invasive methods to minimally invasive procedures, please visit the webpage for Retreat Doctors’ Hospital's Center for Urological Health.
For more information about our prostate cancer services, please call askSarahARAH at (804) 591-4152.