Diagnosed with prostate cancer?
Nearly 1 in 6 American men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer at some point in their lives. Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Henrico Doctors’ Hospital offers minimally invasive treatment options for aggressive cases of prostate cancer allowing you to quickly return to an active and productive life.
Cancer Support Services
Prostate cancer services
Prostate cancer services at Henrico Doctors’ Hospital include the following:
- Minimally invasive surgical options with the da Vinci robotic surgical system and laparoscopy
- Multidisciplinary team approach to care
- Prostate MRI (a non-invasive and painless procedure that assists urologists in the early diagnosis, treatment and staging of prostate cancer)
- Radiation therapy using (intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) and fiducial location/marker placement for daily treatment to minimize side effects
- Leading-edge treatment with Xofigo (an injection for prostate cancer that is resistant to medical and surgical treatments and has spread to the bones)
- Infusion services by chemotherapy-certified nurses
- Nurse navigator upon request
- Psychosocial-spiritual support and distress assessment by oncology-dedicated social workers and chaplain
- Free yearly prostate screening event (held every September)
- Referral to the American Cancer Society’s prostate cancer support group (call 1-800-ACS-2345 for meeting dates and locations)
- Access to clinical trials
- Genetic counseling and testing for high risk prostate cancer and strong family history
- American Cancer Society Cancer Resource Center
Learn more about Retreat Doctors’ Hospitals Center for Urological Health.
Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute
Sarah Cannon is a global network of cancer programs offering integrated cancer services with convenient access to cutting-edge therapies for those facing cancer in communities across the US and UK.
For more information about our prostate cancer services, please call askSARAH at (804) 591-4152.