Nationally Recognized Pulmonary Program
At Henrico Doctors’ Hospital, our pulmonary program remains committed to providing effective treatment for individuals with acute and chronic lung conditions. Recognized nationally by Healthgrades for our Five-Star treatment of Pneumonia and Respiratory Failure, our team of pulmonologists and respiratory specialists will work with you to create a personalized care plan for your long-term health.
Through education, lifestyle changes, and access to the latest treatments and therapies, we enable our patients to get healthy and stay healthy. We also prescribe effective medications and work with you to create and maintain an individual therapy program.
Some of our pulmonary care services include:
- Ventilator management by our expert hospital-based respiratory therapists
- Sleep center diagnostics with our specialists who are skilled in diagnosing and treating sleep-related breathing disorders such as obstructive sleep apnea.
- Pulmonary rehabilitation with our pulmonologists and pulmonary rehabilitation team can help you manage symptoms of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) through exercise training. Pulmonary rehabilitation may also include education, smoking cessation programs, nutritional counseling, and oxygen therapy.
- Advanced asthma treatments with bronchial thermoplasty – an outpatient procedure that delivers precisely-controlled thermal energy to your airways.
- Pulmonary function testing labs perform diagnostic tests to measure lung capacity and gas flow rates, determining how gases are exchanged in the lungs. We test lung mechanics to determine the strength your respiratory muscles can generate, enabling us to develop the best treatment plan for your specific needs.
- Bronchoscopy diagnostic and treatment labs to diagnose lung diseases and other pulmonary conditions.
At Henrico Doctors’ Hospital, our priority is to go beyond standard fixes and provide you with effective, long-term respiratory solutions. We're proud to offer our patients a wide variety of diagnostic and treatment opportunities using the latest technology.