Thyroid cancer occurs in the thyroid (the butterfly-shaped gland at the front of the neck). At Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Henrico Doctors’ Hospital, our skilled team of cancer specialists provides compassionate, patient-centered care for thyroid cancer patients. Our comprehensive program features the latest treatments, including minimally invasive robotic-assisted thyroid cancer surgery.
Cancer Support Services
Thyroid Cancer Services
Thyroid cancer services at Henrico Doctors’ Hospital include the following:
- Sestamibi scanning for minimally invasive parathyroid cancers
- Multidisciplinary team approach to care
- Minimally invasive surgical options, including the da Vinci robotic surgical system
- Infusion services by chemotherapy-certified nurses
- Radiation therapy services
- Access to clinical trials
- Genetic counseling and testing
- American Cancer Society Cancer Resource Center
For more information about our thyroid cancer services, please call askSARAH at (804) 591-4152.