Level II Trauma Center - serving you.
If you are critically injured in Western Richmond, VA, Henrico Doctors’ Hospital’s is easily accessible. Strategically positioned right off the Interstates 64 and 95, our Level II Trauma Center allows quick access to life saving treatment.
When you are critically injured, being treated within the “golden hour” after injury could be the difference between life and death. As the only Trauma Center in Western Richmond, our specially trained physicians, surgeons, and medical professionals are prepared to provide you the critical attention you need 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Our Level II Trauma Center includes:
- Specially trained trauma team and board certified surgeons across varying specialties
- Prompt assessment, resuscitation, surgery, intensive care, and stabilization for critically injured patients
- A helipad for quick transport from an accident to the Trauma Center or to another medical center, if necessary
- A comprehensive program to regularly review of our care standards based on national standards published by the American College of Surgeons and the American College of Emergency Physician
- Ongoing staff education program to ensure we continue to provide high quality care to the community
- A community outreach program for people in the Western Richmond area to help prevent injury
Critical care before you arrive.
Our EMS partners play a vital role in your survival. We work closely with our Emergency Medical Services (EMS) partners to provide critical care before you arrive at Henrico Doctors’ Hospital, so we can best anticipate and prepare for your immediate needs. In most cases, the EMS staff and our trauma team are communicating and preparing for your arrival.
If you or someone you know is experiencing an emergency always call 911 first.
If you aren’t certain about a critical care situation, you can contact a nurse, 24 hours a day, by phone at 804-320-3627.