Comprehensive, advanced care for blood cancer in Richmond
At Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Henrico Doctors’ Hospital, we offer advanced treatment for many types of blood cancer and blood disorders. When you choose our hospital, you receive individualized care from a team of cancer experts. We are here to support you through every step of your cancer journey, from diagnosis to recovery.
We treat the following types of blood cancers and blood disorders:
- Leukemia, including chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) and chronic myeloid leukemia (CML)
- Hodgkin lymphoma and non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL)
- Myeloma, including multiple myeloma
- Myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS)
- Aplastic anemia
- Autoimmune diseases
Fore more information about blood cancer care at Henrico Doctors' Hospital, please call our askSarah helpline at (804) 591-4152.
Blood cancer services
When you choose Henrico Doctors’ Hospital for your blood cancer care, you have access to the following services:
- Fellowship-trained hematopathologists who specialize in diagnosing blood cancers
- Multidisciplinary team approach to care
- Advanced laboratory technology for measuring blood counts
- Bone marrow aspiration and biopsy performed under light sedation for patient comfort
- Infusion services with chemotherapy-certified nurses
- Radiation therapy services
- Nutritional counseling
- Psychosocial-spiritual support and distress assessment by oncology-dedicated social workers and chaplains
- Nurse navigation upon request
- On-site monthly multiple myeloma support group
- Access to clinical trials
- American Cancer Society Resource Center
Multiple myeloma support group
The multiple myeloma support group for residents of the greater Richmond area meets every third Monday of each month at 7 p.m., except for July and August. This group is sponsored by the International Myeloma Foundation and meets in the Henrico Doctors’ Hospital Forest Conference Room.
About Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute
Henrico Doctors’ Hospital is part of Sarah Cannon, the Cancer Institute of HCA Healthcare. Our family of hospitals provides comprehensive cancer services with convenient access to cutting-edge therapies for people facing cancer in our communities. From diagnosis, to treatment and survivorship care, our oncology expertise ensures you have access to locally-trusted care with the support of a globally-recognized network.
Have cancer questions? We can help. askSARAH is a dedicated helpline for your cancer-related questions. Our specially-trained nurses are available 24/7 and all calls are confidential. Contact askSARAH at (804) 591-4152 or chat online at askSARAHnow.com.