Advanced cardiac rehab in Richmond, Virginia
The Heart Center at Henrico Doctors’ Hospital offers cardiac rehabilitation services to meet the needs of patients around Richmond, Virginia, who are recovering from a heart event, such as a heart attack, heart surgery or stable angina. Our multidisciplinary team of cardiologists and cardiac rehabilitation therapists takes care of you from diagnosis to recovery.
Call our Consult-A-Nurse® line at (804) 320-3627 to learn more about cardiac rehabilitation at Henrico Doctors' Hospital.
Nothing is more important to us than the health of our patients. Our cardiac rehabilitation program also benefits patients struggling with high blood pressure, high cholesterol and lifestyle-related conditions such as obesity, tobacco use or high stress levels. The cardiac rehab program at Henrico Doctors’ Hospital is nationally accredited and is supported by our team of registered nurses, exercise physiologists, pharmacists and registered dietitians.
Our cardiac rehab program
At Henrico Doctors’ Hospital, our cardiac rehab program includes:
- Supervised exercise sessions
- Personalized exercise programs
- Nutrition counseling
- Stress management
- Education on risk factor reduction
Cardiac rehabilitation at Henrico Doctors’ Hospital benefits patients in a number of ways, including:
- Ability to recognize the symptoms of heart disease and when to seek medical attention
- Beginning a personalized exercise program designed to fit your needs
- Working toward your ideal body weight and cholesterol level through physical activity and good nutrition
- Ability to return to your regular work and leisure activities
- Opportunity to reduce your risk factors and chances for a future heart attack
- Ability to adopt a healthy lifestyle with the help of your cardiac rehabilitation team
Cardiac rehabilitation referrals and insurance information
A doctor’s referral is required for our cardiac rehabilitation services. Ask your doctor about when you can begin cardiac rehab. Some patients may be required to take an exercise stress test as a baseline for their exercise program. Most insurance carriers will cover the costs of our cardiac rehabilitation program. Your insurance provider will be contacted to verify your coverage and benefits. You may be responsible for a co-payment.