Cardiac care in Richmond, Virginia
At Henrico Doctors’ Hospital, we have offered award-winning, innovative healthcare for over 30 years to the Greater Richmond area. Our hospital is proud to be recognized as a High-Performing Hospital for Heart Bypass Surgery by U.S. News & World Report and a Recipient of the Coronary Intervention Excellence Award and a Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Failure and Heart Attack by Healthgrades™. Additionally, Healthgrades™ named Henrico Doctors’ Hospital among the top 10 percent in the nation for cardiology services.
For an appointment or to ask a question, please call Henrico Cardiology Associates at (804) 288-0134.
Our team of cardiologists and other heart specialists is proud to collaborate with one another to develop and use the latest techniques and procedures, which directly contributes to our superior patient outcomes and results. In addition, our state-of-the-art hybrid operating room provides the amenities of a traditional OR with the capabilities of a diagnostic imaging suite, allowing for different steps of a procedure to be performed at the same time, in the same room, versus needing to move the patient between procedures or scheduling separate surgeries.
Our board-certified cardiothoracic surgeons are leaders in their field and are consistently honored by their peers as Richmond’s Top Docs for heart surgery. You can trust the steady hands at Henrico Doctors’ Hospital for all of your and your loved one’s heart care needs.
Heart conditions we treat
From diagnosis through treatment and beyond, the Heart Center at Henrico Doctors’ Hospital delivers comprehensive, customized care you can count on to provide the best possible outcomes. Our cardiologists treat a wide range of cardiovascular conditions and diseases, including:
- Acute coronary syndrome (ACS)
- Arrhythmia (heart rhythm disorders)
- Atherosclerosis (disease of the blood vessels)
- Congenital heart disease
- Congestive heart failure (CHF)
- Coronary artery disease
- Heart attack and chest pain (angina)
- High cholesterol
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Pediatric heart conditions
- Peripheral artery disease
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Valve disease (including aortic stenosis and mitral valve disease)
Cardiac treatments and services
We offer a number of treatment options, technologies and programs to provide care for all types of heart disease. Our cardiac care services include:
- Heart screening and imaging
- Cardiac catheterization, both diagnostic and interventional
- Heart failure program
- Heart and vascular surgery
- Cardiac rehabilitation
Trusted care for heart attack patients
When it comes to a heart attack, time is muscle. The sooner someone seeks emergency care, the better. At Henrico Doctors’ Hospital in Richmond, Virginia, we are prepared to provide the expert, precise and fast care that each patient needs when a heart attack strikes.
Our board-certified cardiologists work together with emergency medicine physicians to provide the best care, and our facility boasts all the technologies to diagnose and treat a cardiac emergency.
Heart attack symptoms
Many times, someone may be experiencing warning signs of a heart attack and not even realize it. The most common signs of a heart attack are:
- Pain or a feeling of pressure, squeezing or fullness in the center of the chest that lasts more than a few minutes
- Feeling lightheaded or like you're about to faint
- Shortness of breath
- Breaking out into a cold sweat
- Pain that spreads to the shoulder, neck or arms
If you think you're experiencing a heart attack, call 911 immediately.
Treating a heart attack
Treatment options for a heart attack vary by each patient and the severity of his or her cardiac event. Heart attacks may be treated through medications, lifestyle changes, cardiac rehabilitation and surgery. We perform the following procedures to treat a heart attack:
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
- Valve replacement
- Coronary artery bypass grafts (CABG)
- Coronary stenting
- Other complex heart and vascular surgeries
Our cardiac catheterization lab is close by for fast access to advanced imaging and procedures like angioplasty and stenting.