Advanced medical care for women in Richmond
At The Women’s Hospital at Henrico Doctors’ Hospital, we provide the best clinical care in our new, state-of-the-art women’s health facility in Central Virginia. We employ a range of women’s care specialists, including gynecologists, OB/GYNs, perinatologists, midwives and mammographers.
We offer expertise and advanced technology in breast diagnostics, minimally invasive procedures and complex surgeries.
Women’s health services
Our women's care specialists offer comprehensive treatment for every life stage, circumstance or condition that may affect a woman's health through the following services, facilities and programs:
- Advanced Breast Diagnostic Center
- Breast cancer care
- Full spectrum of gynecologic services
- Six gynecologic operating rooms outfitted with minimally invasive robotic surgery technology
- 16 brand-new labor and delivery rooms
- Board-certified perinatologists
- High-risk antepartum unit
- Prenatal and birthing services, including maternal fetal medicine for high-risk pregnancies
- Low-intervention birthing options
- 29-room postpartum mother-baby unit
- Lactation services
- Gynecologic oncology
- Digital mammography
- Neonatal abstinence care for addicted mothers and babies(Safe Circle RVA)
Receiving annual mammograms is the one of the most proactive things a woman can do to help maintain her health. The Advanced Diagnostic Breast Center at Henrico Doctors’ Hospital employs an expert breast care team who perform a range of breast diagnostic examinations, including ultrasounds, breast MRI, breast density evaluations and mammograms. We do everything in our power to screen, identify and treat breast cancer in its earliest stages.
Prenatal, high-risk pregnancy and labor and delivery care
Our OB/GYNs ensure that each mother receives the specialized prenatal care she needs to maintain a healthy pregnancy and a safe, comfortable labor and delivery experience. Following your child’s birth, we practice rooming-in and mothers have access to our lactation services to aid in breastfeeding their newborns.
For high-risk pregnancies and childbirths, you can rely on our experienced perinatologists and feel comforted knowing we offer a Level III NICU, Level II progressive care nursery and 24/7 neonatologist coverage.
For parents desiring a low-intervention birth, we encourage you to learn more about our midwifery services.
Take our 3D tour
Obstetric and gynecologic emergency care
Our emergency room provides complete care for women experiencing a gynecologic or pregnancy-related emergency situation, including:
- Excessive vaginal bleeding
- Sudden, severe belly pain
- Intense pelvic pain